Monday 4 January 2010

Simon Page


Self-taught, maths-inspired designer Simon Page is interviewed in Grain Edit this month. It's a revealing read that introduced me to a designer I really think I should have noticed sooner. I have to admit that the portfolio section of Simon's website irks me a bit, with that unnecessary crazy perspective toggle thing it does, but there's no doubting the quality of the stuff within it. Both the self-initiated International Year of Astronomy, and Futurism series are spectacular (and from the looks of them, it's no surprise to learn that Simon's filling his pants about the new Tron film...)
There's also a nice post that details the working process of designing a designing a movie poster. Designers don't often divulge this sort of information (though sadly there aren't any half-baked or abandoned ideas transplanted from the sketchbook, that would be asking too much), so it's refreshing to see behind the curtain for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment