Friday 11 December 2009

Sleevage


So I'm stuck at home recovering after having holes drilled in my sinuses earlier this week (don't worry, this was a medical procedure, that took place in a hospital), subsisting on a diet of cups of tea and DVDs.
Something else I've been amused and informed by is Sleevage, a cover-art blog maintained by members of Soap Creative, a Sydney and Los Angeles-based digital media firm. It contains insightful appraisals and stories on subjects such as the pulp men's magazine-origins of the cover of Frank Zappa's classic Weasels Ripped My Flesh, working drawings from Queens of the Stone Age's Era Vulgaris, the unused covers for Beck's Highway 65 Revisited tribute Modern Guilt, and the revelation that Metallica's debut Kill Em All, was originally to be entitled Metal Up Your Ass, with a cover featuring a knife protruding from a toilet bowl. I don't know about you, but I feel better for knowing this kind of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment