Wednesday 18 November 2009

100 Bill Murrays: Part 2.


Okay, another 30 if these damn things out of the way. Less than half left to complete. I've cheated a bit this week and printed off some cut-out element sheets, from images I looked for online. Actually, I thought about this for quite a while and I don't think it is cheating, I'm just "using the available resources". So what do we have?

Rhythm: employing the old fold'n'cut technique.
Humour, perhaps? This is not just because I like Garfield. Bill Murray actually provided the voice of Garfield in the live action/CGI film and it's sequel, Garfield 2.
Texture (though it's not real wood. You have to imagine it is.)
Repurposing? I don't think I've done any of those yet.
This could be Editing, or Composition. Jack Nicholson, of course, from the famous bar scene in The Shining. By this point in the film he had long ago started talking to himself, so it's no surprise to see three Jacks lined-up for a drink here.
Same scene, different cast. Look how similar they are!
...and same guy, different movie. This is Bill Murray as Steve Zissou in Wes Anderson's film of the same name.
Is this wearing thin yet? Bill Murray again, in the same set-up this time, but with better company, in Sofia Coppola's Lost In Translation. I think I've given up for now on deciding which theme to put these under.
Like a well-oiled machine...
Okay, I know this one, this is definitely REPURPOSING!
And the final one for now, the three characters and the beer reduced to RGB blobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment